Creating Inventory Items
Inventory is useful for managing and monitoring your stock levels. If you don't need to monitor inventory levels, there is no need to use the inventory functionality of Synergy 8.
You will have the ability to track inventory in a few different ways:
1. A product is assigned to one inventory item to track its stock level.
2. A product is assigned to multiple inventory items, and if one of those inventory items is sold out the product is unavailable for purchase.
3. A product's ordering options determine which inventory item is applicable. For example; if you are selling a t-shirt product that is available in different colors and sizes.
Create a New Inventory Item
To get started, log in to the website dashboard and navigate to the Dashboard > Commerce > Products page.Select the Inventory button on the top of the page to view all inventory items.Click the "New Inventory Item" button located towards the top of the page to configure a new inventory item.
The above inventory configuration options are really only used for back-of-house tracking purposes (not displayed online). If you wish to receive an update or warning when stock levels are low, you may set the "Warning Level" field.
Link an Inventory Item to a Product
Now that you have created an inventory item, you're ready to start tracking your product stock by linking the inventory item to a product.
- Navigate to the Products page (Dashboard > Commerce > Products >).
- Select the product you would like to link to an inventory item, and edit the product.
- When editing a product, select the "Inventory" tab towards the top of the page.
You may then select one inventory item, or multiple inventory items to link to a product.
Link an Inventory Item to a Product Ordering Option
If you would like to link inventory items to product ordering options (eg. track sizes and colors of a t-shirt as different inventory items), follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Products page (Dashboard > Commerce > Products).
- Select the product you would like to edit.
- When editing a product, select the "Additional Attributes" tab towards the top of the page.
- Configure the "Ordering Options" field (pictured below) with your ordering options.
- For each ordering options, you can select a different inventory item.