Creating Affiliates And Tracking Links
This article will show you how to create a new affiliate and start tracking referrals.
Creating A New Affiliate
- Login to the admin panel of your website and click the "Affiliates" link in the left sidebar, located under the "Commerce" heading.
Click the button labeled "New Affiliate" to create a new affiliate. Any changes made on this page will not be live on the website until the
"save changes" button at the bottom of the page is clicked.
- Enter a meaningful title you want to use to identify the affiliate.
- Enter the "Business Registration Number" of the affiliate business / entity (not mandatory).
- Enter the URL of the affiliate's website (not mandatory).
- Use the "Status" heading to control weather the affiliate tracking is active or not.
If you would like to be notified via e-mail when the affiliate makes a sale on your website, enter one or multiple e-mail address in the
"Notify Emails on Sale" field.
- Click the "Save Affiliate" button.
Creating A Tracking Link
A tracking link is the website address you will provide to your affiliate for tracking purposes.
Once you have setup an affiliate, you can create a "Tracking Link" to provide to your affiliate. Affiliates can have multiple tracking links
for conducting multiple campaigns.
- Login to the admin panel of your website and click the "Affiliates" link, located under the "Commerce" heading in the left sidebar.
- Click the title of the affiliate you are creating a tracking link for. And navigate to the 'links'.
Click "New Tracking Link" at the top left of the page. Any changes made on this page will not be live on the website until the "save
changes" button at the bottom of the page is clicked.
- At this point you will be presented with a table with two fields. The "Tracking Link URI" field and "Redirect to URL" link.
- The "Tracking Link URI" field is the link that you provide the affiliate marketer with.
- The "Redirect to URL" field is the page on your website that you would like the user to be directed to.
- When you are happy with both fields Click "Save Tracking Link" to save all changes.