Creating Your First Post
Now that you have created a post category, you're ready to create your first post.
If you haven't created a post category yet please refer to the "Creating & Configuring Post Categories" article.
For this example, let's say a scuba diving company wants to publish an interesting article to promote their services. They decide to post the article "The top 10 places to scuba dive in Australia".
To get started, log in to the website dashboard and select the Posts option, which appears under the content heading in the left sidebar.
Click the "New Post" button on the top of the page to configure a new post.
On the post configuration page you will have the following options:
- Enter a post title: "The top 10 places to scuba dive in Australia";
- Select a primary post category: "Scuba Diving Locations";
- Choose an image to catch your readers eye;
- Write a short description about the article.
By Clicking the "Additional Attributes" tab towards the top of the page, you can specify additional post categories.
After completing the above details, you are presented with the following options for linking the post to website elements.
- Create a new page - Create's a empty page for you to write an article from scratch.
- Link to existing page - You can link your post to an existing page which you've already created on your website.
- Link to external URL - Allows you to link your post to an external page address, for example YouTube.
- No link - Allows you to have a static post, which does not link to a page.
Once you have finished creating your post, click the "Save & Create Linked Page" button.
If you selected the "Create a new page" option, you will be re-directed to an empty web page where you can start writing your full article.