Altering The Primary Website Domain
The "primary domain" is the main website address where your website is located. For example, the primary domain of this website is "www.synergy8.com".
If you would like to change the primary domain of your website, or perhaps you entered your primary domain incorrectly when you first set up your site, take the following steps to alter your primary domain:
- You must have ownership of the new domain name, with the domain name pointing at the Synergy 8 name servers. If you registered your domain name through Synergy 8, this will already be done for you. Otherwise, please review this article to ensure your domain name is pointed at Synergy 8 servers.
- Login to your website admin panel by adding '/admin/' to the end of your current website address.
- Click the option "Domains" in the left hand sidebar, located under configuration.
- Click the "Park Registered Domain" button.
- Complete the form with your new domain name details and click "Park Domain" at the bottom of the form.
- If this form submitted successfully, you will be redirected back to the "Domains" admin page.
- Right-click your new domain name in the domain names list and select the drop-down menu option "Make Primary".