Create And Configure Roles
Administrator roles are used to restrict / provide access to administrative users based on the pages of the Synergy 8 dashboard they need to access.
As an example scenario, a business has a web team with each team member maintaining different areas of the website, such as a blog manager and product store manager. The product store manager role would only have access to the Commerce component of the Synergy 8 dashboard, and the blog manager role would only have access to the Content component of Synergy 8.
Creating a New Security Role
- Login to the admin panel of your website and click the "Administrators" link, located under the "Configuration" heading in the left sidebar.
- Click the button labeled "Configure Roles and Security" to view all the current security roles.
- Click the "New Role" button at the top of the page to begin creating a new role.
- Enter a meaningful title for identifying the role.
- Enter a description that accurately describes the use of the role.
- The 'Access control method ' field allows you to choose how you want the below access checklist to function, you have two options: 'Disable the features checked below', or 'Allow only the features checked below'.
- Now proceed to check / uncheck (depending on your Access Control Method) the features that the new role is going to have access to.
- When you are happy with the access you have provided the role with, Click the "Save Role" button at the bottom of the screen.