Auto-Logout and Redirect After Submission
Useful for in-store forms where a PC terminal or iPad is shared for electronic data capture. Users are not kept logged in and they are redirected back to the form for subsequent submissions.
Possible applications are:
- In-store electronic feedback form at point of sale
- Electronic competition form on an iPad at a tradeshow
- Electronic form to join a birthday club
- Any other type of registration form.
Create a new page to hold the form. You will likely want to create this at a location like /forms/competition/ or /forms/feedback/. And set the pages to be "Hidden in Navigation" and "Hidden in Sitemap".
In the form, you must have the following attributes set:
- id="feedback_form" Set a unique ID to identify this form from others
- contactmode="store" To register the user into the database
- recordsubmissions="true" To record a copy of the submission under Content > Pages > Forms.
- onsubmitredirect="/forms/feedback/success/" To redirect the user to the success page
The Success Page
The success page must have the following:
In the "Page Source", redirect back to the form. You can update the timeout and redirect URL.
In the PHP "Server Code", auto-logout the user.
- You may wish to consider using a different or mobile design to ensure the data entry form is minimalistic and mobile compatible.
- Ensure their consent is obtained for marketing.
- Consider capturing the users birthday if you are using automated marketing on users birthdays.
- Consider using techniques to lock the browser or iPad down to your web pages.