Queensland Small Business Digital Grants Program
The Queensland Government has released the ‘Small Business Digital Grants Program’, to enable small business to access digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
- Assistance to get your business online and enter the digital economy
- 50% / 50% co-funded grant up to $10,000
- Submit your application by 9th December 2016
- Act fast - you need to organise project scope, quotes and prepare your application
- Start with Synergy 8 before 2nd December 2016 to ensure adequate time to discuss your project.
- For Queensland based businesses
A message from Hon Leeanne Enoch -- Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and Minister for Small Business:
Matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Up to 20% of the applicant's co-contribution amount can be an in-kind element for their personal time being trained in new technologies.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of five identified priority areas:
- digital marketing and social media
- digital content (web pages, mobile apps, media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning and advice/training.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the product or service. The value of the grant payment will be increased to compensate for any GST.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST;
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations; and
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
The participating business must provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Only 1 application per year will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
- Round 1 opens on 8 November 2016 and closes 9 December 2016. Act fast!
- Further rounds will open in March and June 2017.
- Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project.
Who can Apply?
All Queensland-based small businesses can apply. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and help them to be more competitive.
Working with Synergy 8
Synergy 8 is a software platform for digital marketing. It enables small to medium businesses to manage their digital presence effectively through a unified software suite.
When working with the Queensland Small Business Digital Grants Program, Synergy 8 can provide:
- Consultation around defining a scope for your project;
- A detailed quote outlining the services that Synergy 8 will offer;
- Assist you to outline how Synergy 8 will enhance your digital capabilities;
- A project plan with delivery timeframes; and
- Supply names of key people who will undertake the project work.
- Official website for Small Business Digital Grants Program
- Download the guidelines
- Try a demo of Synergy 8 software. We will call you to assess the scope of your project.
- Make an application
Synergy 8 is proudly supported by the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland initiative.